Fish Burgers with coriander and lime fish patties are an easy and delicious dinner that everyone will want to sink their teeth into.
I’m not sure if I can think of a better combination than crumbed fish, lime, mayo and crisp lettuce on a soft burger bun. Fish burgers are so satisfyingly delicious to sink your teeth into, and happily, they’re quite healthy too, but we’re not sacrificing flavour.
What makes these Fish burgers healthy?
- They’re baked, not fried. To give them that lovely crispy coating we’re going to dip them in panko crumbs, spray with oil and pop in the oven.
- The patties are full of high-fibre and high-protein butter beans which will keep you feeling fuller for longer.
- White fish is naturally high protein, low calorie.
- We’re serving them with baked carrot fries, which are a delicious alternative to homemade fries.
What are fish burgers made of?
- Fish Patty - Mash butter beans with a fork, then mix in egg, white fish, mayonnaise, finely chopped coriander and lime zest. Dip in panko crumbs and bake in the oven.
- Sauce - Mix mayonnaise, lime juice and finely chopped coriander.
- Greens - Serve with more coriander leaves and crisp cos (romaine) lettuce.
- Buns - Use hamburger buns or soft white rolls.
- Carrot Fries - Slice carrots into ½ cm strips, then cover in paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
If you’re not a fan of coriander, swap it for chives or leave out.
Substitutions for Fish Burgers
- Alternative proteins - Swap fish for prawns or chicken mince.
- Vegetarian - Swap fish for more butter beans and 1 more egg.
- Dairy Free - This recipe is dairy free.
- Gluten Free - Swap panko crumbs for almond meal. Swap burger buns for bread rolls.
- Break up patties to serve, and serve with fingers of bread, cos lettuce and carrot fries.
Equipment to make Fish Burgers
You will need an oven, 2 baking trays.
More Burger Recipes
- 2 Baking trays
- 4 carrot
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ bunch coriander
- 1 cos lettuce
- 2 fillets firm white fish
- 400 g butter beans canned
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise ⅓ cup total for the recipe
- ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1 lime
- ½ cup panko crumbs
- 2 sprays olive oil spray
- ¼ cup mayonnaise ⅓ cup total for the recipe
- 4 hamburger buns
- Preheat your oven to 200 C. Line 2 baking trays.
- Slice carrots in half lengthwise, then in half widthwise. Slice into ½ cm strips. Place on one of the trays with garlic powder, paprika, salt and olive oil. Toss and place on lower shelf of the oven for 15 mins.4 carrot, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon smoked paprika, ¼ teaspoon salt, 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Finely slice coriander stems and most of the leaves. Pick leaves from lettuce and rinse.½ bunch coriander, 1 cos lettuce
- Chop fish into ½ cm cubes.2 fillets firm white fish
- Mash drained butter beans in a bowl. Add egg, fish, half the finely sliced coriander, mayonnaise, salt and pepper. Zest lime into mixture and combine.2 fillets firm white fish, 400 g butter beans, 1 egg, 2 tablespoon mayonnaise, ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper, 1 lime
- Put panko crumbs in a bowl. Form patties, dip in crumbs and place on the second tray. Spray with olive oil and place on upper shelf of oven for 15 mins, under the grill (broiler) for last 3 mins. Turn carrots and return to oven.½ cup panko crumbs, 2 sprays olive oil spray
- Squeeze lime juice into a bowl. Mix through mayonnaise and remaining sliced coriander.1 lime, ¼ cup mayonnaise
- Serve patties on hamburger buns with lettuce, sauce and coriander leaves. Serve carrot fries on the side.For little kids, you can break up patties and serve with slices of bun, wedges of lettuce, carrot fries. Skip lime mayo and coriander.4 hamburger buns, 1 cos lettuce