Pork with Mango Salsa is a five step, fresh and zingy dinner recipe that balances sweet mango lime salsa with paprika pork and crunchy corn chips!
This paprika pork with mango salsa couldn’t be simpler, and is a perfect fresh and tasty dinner for Summer. It’s got lovely mango, lime, corn and mint flavours in the salsa, that pairs really nicely with our Caribbean inspired sticky and sweet honey paprika pork. The corn chips are perfect for scooping up that mango salsa and adding some crunch to this dinner. Enjoy.
How to cook pork steaks so they are tender?
Pork steaks or pork medallions are a lean cut of meat, so it’s easy to overcook them. You want to cook them relatively quickly (about 3-4 minutes each side) on high heat in the skillet or frying pan to get them perfectly juicy.
What is a good Caribbean pork marinade?
This marinade is Caribbean inspired, and made of soy sauce, BBQ sauce, honey, tomato paste, olive oil, apple cider vinegar and garlic. Soy sauce obviously isn’t Caribbean, so I’ve taken some liberties here (and why I’ve called it Caribbean inspired), but it adds a saltiness that brings out those salty sweet flavours.
What is a good combination with pork?
We’re serving this sticky pork with a fresh and zingy mango lime salsa. The sweet mango is complemented by the sourness of the lime juice and freshness of the mint, and this cuts through the richness of the pork.
What is mango salsa made of?
Our mango salsa is made of mango, corn, cucumber, capsicum, lime, mint and olive oil.
- Alternative proteins - You can swap pork for chicken breast.
- Vegetarian - Swap pork loins for thick slices of sweet potato and bake it in the oven for 20 minutes. Alternatively you can use pulled jackfruit instead of pork steaks.
- Gluten Free - Swap soy for tamari, and use a gluten free BBQ sauce.
- Dairy Free - This recipe is dairy free.
- Serve pork slices with cucumber, capsicum, mango and corn separately.
- Skip dressing.
- Option to skip corn chips if too little.
You will need a kettle, a frying pan or grill pan, a stovetop.
Try these other Pork Recipes
Pork with Mango Salsa
- Frying pan or grill pan
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon bbq sauce
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoon olive oil 2.5 tablespoon total for the recipe
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 pork loin steaks pork medallions
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 mango
- ½ bunch mint
- 1 Lebanese cucumber
- 1 red capsicum
- 2 lime
- 1.5 tablespoon olive oil 2.5 tablespoon total for the recipe
- ¼ teaspoon chilli flakes opt.
- ½ teaspoon olive oil 2.5 tablespoon total for the recipe
- 200 g tortilla chips
- Salt and pepper
- Add soy sauce, bbq sauce, honey, tomato paste, olive oil and apple cider vinegar to a bowl. Peel garlic and finely grate into the bowl. Mix to combine, then add pork and coat well.Turn your kettle on to boil.2 teaspoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon bbq sauce, 2 tablespoon honey, 1 tablespoon tomato paste, 2 teaspoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar, 2 cloves garlic, 4 pork loin steaks
- Measure corn into a cup measure, pour boiled water in to defrost, then drain. Peel and slice mango into ½ cm pieces. Finely slice mint leaves. Dice cucumber. Dice capsicum. Add everything to a bowl.Add mango, cucumber, capsicum and corn pieces to your child’s plate.TIP - roll mint leaves to make it easier to slice them.1 cup frozen corn kernels, 1 mango, ½ bunch mint, 1 Lebanese cucumber, 1 red capsicum
- Juice half the quantity of lime into a jar, then cut the rest into quarters. Add olive oil, ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper to a jar or bowl and mix to combine. Season to taste with more salt if needed. Option to add chilli flakes. Option to mix through salsa.2 lime, 1.5 tablespoon olive oil, Salt and pepper, ¼ teaspoon chilli flakes
- Place a frying pan or grill pan on medium-high heat. Once hot, add oil then cook pork for 3-4 minutes on each side, depending on thickness.½ teaspoon olive oil
- To serve kids, slice pork and serve with cut vegetables, mango, and tortilla chips if they can eat them.Serve adults pork with tortilla chips, topped with mango salsa and lime wedges on the side.200 g tortilla chips