Feel like Pork Dumplings, but don't want to spend hours wrapping them? This easy Pork Mince Stir fry is your answer! This 15 minute dinner is just as tasty, but half the effort.
When you want a tasty dinner on the table fast, you have to try this easy and tasty Pork Mince Stir Fry. It tastes just like pork dumplings, but without any of the effort of wrapping a dumpling.
One of my readers told me, I really didn't think something this simple could taste so good, but it DOES! So give it a try.
What makes this Pork Mince Stir Fry so good
There are a couple of things that make this pork mince stir fry really deliciously tasty.
- The sauces: We're going to add dark soy - this is thicker and sweeter than light soy - and Shaoxing wine to the pork mince. We'll mix it through to really enhance the umami flavours.
- Ginger! Finely grated ginger packs so much flavour.
- Charring the pork mince - when you add it to the pan, let it sit and cook for 1 minute before stirring it, this will allow it to crisp up and get a lovely texture and flavour.
Is this Pork Mince Stir Fry healthy?
While this recipe does contain a few calories, it's also got a lot of seasonal green veggies to give you a really good range of vitamins and nutrients.
What do you need to make this Pork Mince Stir Fry?
- Pork mince - you can also use chicken mince if you like, this will be leaner, but it won't have as much fat, so you may want to add more oil.
- Dark soy sauce (a thicker and sweeter version of light soy sauce). If you are gluten free you can cook tamari and brown sugar on the stove, reducing until thickened to make your own version.
- Shaoxing wine (Chinese cooking wine) - this adds a certain depth of flavour that's really worth adding. You can pick this up at your local Asian grocer or online.
- Hoisin sauce - this gives that dumpling flavour at the end. You can get this gluten free.
- Ginger - fresh ginger does the heavy lifting in the aromatics of this dish. You can store ginger in the freezer and then finely grate it when you need it.
- Greens - Broccoli, green beans and green onions (scallions). You can swap these for other green vegetables that are in season.
- Rice and sesame seeds to finish.
Let your pan get nice and hot before you add the pork to it. If it's not hot enough, or you add your pork too quickly, the meat will cool the pan and stew, which is not what we want.
- Alternative proteins - swap out pork mince for chicken mince for a leaner version. You may need to add more oil.
- Vegetarian - To make this vegetarian, use crumbled firm tofu instead of mince.
- Dairy Free - This recipe is dairy free.
- Gluten Free - Swap dark soy sauce for tamari and brown sugar. Use gluten free hoisin sauce.
- Kids may prefer elements served separately and to skip the green onions and sesame seeds.
You will need a lidded non-stick frying pan or wok, a stovetop, a microwave.
More Stir Fry Recipes
Pork Mince Stir Fry
- Lidded non-stick frying pan or wok
- 500 g pork mince
- 2 tablespoon Shaoxing wine Chinese cooking wine
- 2 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 3 cm fresh ginger
- 200 g green beans
- 1 broccoli medium head
- ½ bunch green onion
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 450 g microwave rice
- 2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- In a large bowl combine pork mince, Shaoxing wine (Chinese cooking wine) and dark soy sauce. Peel ginger and grate into the bowl. Mix well and set aside.500 g pork mince, 2 tablespoon Shaoxing wine, 2 tablespoon dark soy sauce, 3 cm fresh ginger
- Trim green beans, discard ends and chop into 1-2 cm pieces. Chop broccoli into small florets. Trim and slice green onion finely.200 g green beans, 1 broccoli, ½ bunch green onion
- Heat vegetable oil in a large, lidded non-stick frying pan or wok over medium heat. Once warm add most of the green onion and cook stirring, until it sizzles.1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Add pork mixture and let it sit on the pan for 1 minute before stirring, to slightly char it, then cook, stirring, until browned. Add hoisin sauce and stir through.¼ cup hoisin sauce
- Add beans, broccoli and water, mix through and cover with a lid for 2-3 mins, or until vegetables are cooked.Meanwhile, heat rice according to packet instructions.200 g green beans, 1 broccoli, 1 tablespoon water, 450 g microwave rice
- Serve kids pork and rice separately. For adults, serve pork on rice with remaining green onion and sesame seeds. Enjoy!2 teaspoon sesame seeds